This is a great vegetarian salad for when you want to have a meat free day (or meat free year, your pick)
We love this salad on “Meatless Mondays” in our house.
Recipe is from AndieMitchell.com and is so good hot or cold. Enjoy for dinner and pack the leftovers (if any) in school lunches.
See more recipes from Andie Mitchell’s cookbook on Amazon.
Minted Orzo Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth (or Chicken Broth)
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry Orzo pasta
- 1 15 oz can Organic Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 Cup Organic Red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk Organic Celery (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Organic Fresh Basil (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Organic Fresh Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Organic Fresh Lemon juice
- 2 cloves Organic Fresh Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Organic Honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Boil the Orzo in Vegetable or Chicken broth until tender.
Drain Orzo and let cool.
Mix the Orzo with Chickpeas, red onion, basil, feta, celery and mint in a large salad bowl.
Mix the vinaigrette items in a blender and pour over the Orzo salad and toss to coat.
Let stand for 30 minutes to let flavors mix and absorb to orzo.
This recipe is adapted from original recipe at:
To add more protein, add cashews, almonds or chicken.